3:38 PMFORMAL LETTER WRITING
Writing formal letters/Letter of complaint
The structure of formal letter:
Letter of Complaint. Structure:
1. Introduction (reason for writing/ exact details)
2. Development (details of problem)
3. Conclusion (What you expect from the company)
Use the frame below to jot down all the points you want to include in your letter
5 High View
22 August 2007
Dear Mr Black
Holiday Reference Number: CT2118M
Following our telephone conversation earlier today, I am writing to give details of my
dissatisfaction with my holiday at the New Hotel, Los Christianos, Tenerife (10 to 18 August
2005) that I booked with your company for myself and my family.
My central complaint is that the hotel fell far short of the description in the brochure. We had
booked two double en-suite rooms (numbers 213 and 214); although said to be four-star
accommodation, the bedrooms were very cramped and the furnishings worn and dirty. In
addition to this, the toilet was blocked in room 214 and the shower wasn’t working in room
213. The hotel’s grounds, described in the brochure as ‘pleasant, tranquil, and spacious’ were
in fact bordered on two sides by a very busy main road, while the swimming pool was closed
the entire week for repairs.
When we spoke to your representative (Tracey Mills), she promised to try to get the shower
and toilet fixed but this took an unacceptably long time to happen – 3 days from when we first
complained. I asked her to fill out a holiday report form detailing these issues and enclose a
copy for your information, together with photos of the bedrooms and the hotel grounds.
As stated in my telephone call, I feel that we are due a full refund for this holiday as it failed to
meet the description in the brochure, together with compensation to make up for the fact our
holiday was ruined. I look forward to hearing from you within the next fortnight.
- Write a complaint to the manager of the restaurant explaining that you were dissatisfied with the dishes served and the work of thr waiters
- Write a complaint to the manager of the retail electronics shop explaining that the radiator you have bought is not up to standard and is leaking.
|Total comments: 0|